Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mockingjay

How can I be expected to work when I am 60 pages from finishing the last of the Hunger Games books?!?

The movie is coming out soon, yesssss.

Last night - had the last of my testing for my brain stuff. Head MRI. Worst thing ever. If you've had an MRI before please join my support group. That thing was terrifying, setting off all of my body's natural reactions to panic. The sounds that machine made were like tornado sirens/car alarms/scary alarms blaring in my ears for 45 minutes straight. Not moving. Feeling claustrophobic in a tube where I couldn't have moved even if I'd wanted to.

I counted to 100 so many times. Sometimes I forgot how to count. Sometimes I could feel the magnets pulling on me, did not like that. The only thing that kept me from screaming was knowing they'd just have to start over & do it again from the beginning. When I thought they were almost done, that they HAD to be done, a voice came over this speaker that said, "Okay, we're almost 1/3 of the way done."

I almost lost my shit.

20 minutes later they pulled me out, told me I still couldn't move, and injected some stuff into my arm. A dye I think. And then what happened? THEY PUT ME BACK IN.

Haha oh what a night. When it was all over I was shaking and my eyes were bloodshot, and I cried (just a bit) in my car. It was mostly hyperventilating. I AM SO BRAVE.

Anyway, I slept like a rock last night. So that's good. I am turning 26 in 3 days - whaaaaaat?

No comments:

Post a Comment