Friday, September 21, 2012

the continued

As it turns out, I did have a cold when I wrote that last post. And I am still sick. I missed a day and a half of work - and realized it's not very fun to sit at home being sick, even though I am missing work. I think I'd rather be healthy and at work, than bumming around my apartment feeling like poop.

There's something that has really been rubbing me the wrong way lately, and I kind of need to vent. It's the way people are always complaining about the weekend. In that way where people say, "the weekend was so short!" "I can't wait for the weekend!" "this weekend went by way too fast" or "Ugh, it's Monday already" or even worse "It's Sunday already, that means tomorrow is Monday" grumble grumble.

Really, people?! You're only happy 1 or 2 days out of the whole week? How miserable it must be to be you, and THANK YOU for finding a way to complain about each and every day of the week.

Each and every week it's the same cycle at work:
Monday, "ARRGG, It's Monday! Where did the weekend go?! I hate Monday!"
Tuesday, "UUUgghh, this week is going by SO SLOW. It's only TUESDAY!"
Wednesday, "Could this week be dragging any more?! I can't wait til this weekend!"
Thursday, "I hate today, but AT LEAST TOMORROW IS FRIDAY"
Friday, "It's Friday, I'm tired. But hey, it's FRIDAY! I better find something else to bitch about"

I'm not kidding. It's the same thing every week. And I think it was this combination of people complaining at work + people complaining on Facebook + people complaining everywhere else in life that kind of made me re-evaluate my own attitude. I think I was one of those people, "living for the weekend" for a big chunk of my life. I can think of 3 things that helped me get over that: 1. Growing up/coming to terms with the fact that I don't want to be miserable for the majority of my life, 2. Listening to people bitch all the time, and 3. Moving in with my girlfriend. Living with Amanda is awesome, and the fact that we get to hang out/go on adventures whenever we want to makes me excited every day. Yeah yeah, cheesy, but it's true. And it's been really important for me. Even if it's as simple as cooking dinner together and watching a movie on a Tuesday night.

Anyway, it feels good to vent. I underderstant that people get excited about the weekend, and I think that's pretty regular. Of course it's awesome to have a break from work! But really - being miserable for the rest of the week just seems sad. And I'm getting sick of hearing people complain about it.

Rant over.

Happy Friday! (haha)

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment