Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Welcome, September

I'm not even mad that it's September. In my mind August/September/October all kind of blend together as a coming of Fall time. Right now I'm pretty okay with that. Ask me again once winter comes though. Ugh.

Anywho, I spent my long Labor day weekend in southern Illinois with my mom/grandparents/aunt/2cousins. It was fun! A nice way to celebrate the end of Summer. And I was really excited to get home as well. Yesterday I finally spilled the beans to Amanda about her birthday present, she is psyched! As am I of course. This week seems pretty promising overall.

Today! Making shrimp tacos from scratch, and possibly watching The Artist.
Wednesday! I'd really like to cook these vegan burgers that a friend gave me the recipe for. Also, I'm thinking Wednesday is the day we finally talk about decorating our bedroom (we have yet to put up anything on the walls). I also need to sort thru my kazillion amounts of clothes to get rid of a few things.
Thursday! Patrick (an old roommate of Amanda's) is coming over with a few of his home brewed beers. We are going to have a tasting party so he can try our 2 brews as well :)
Friday! Meeting up with Brittny downtown after work. Fun times to be had! Hopefully not over-indulging in any end of the work week activities so that I am in top form for Saturday.
Saturday! Heading to Wisconsin for sky diving and other adventures to celebrate Amanda's bday. Woo!
Sunday! Reeeeeeelaxing :)

I'm really going to do my best to cook this week. Homemade meals are the best. And I just love having leftovers to bring to work. Speaking of which...I'm off to eat some lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment