Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Observations

I'm reading this book at the moment. It's called Cosmic Consciousness, and if I had to sum up what it's about so far I'd say it's about the evolution of consciousness. Basically, the author is suggesting that there's no reason to believe that our consciousness has/is/ever will stop evolving. I think it's super interesting, and I get excited reading it. It is certainly not an quick read - in fact it reads kind of like a philosophy book with lots of "if this means this, then this logically means this, which in turn would imply that this means this!". I'm still at the beginning of the book, and I can't wait to see how I'm feeling once I reach the end.

Anywho - on one of my favorite bloggy sites, I came across this article: Self Absorbed is the New Normal. In some ways it blends in nicely with the book I'm reading. I think that the increased focus on self awareness has brought about a wave of self absorbed, egotistical, close-minded folks. Of course, that's a sweeping generalization, but I do think it's the product of our current culture.

I'm going to the post office at lunch today :\ wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment