Friday, November 18, 2011

Cheese

It is Friday (yay!)

Yesterday was one of those days that turns out to be unexpectedly pleasant. I had plans to go home right after work, but instead grabbed a drink with a couple of co workers. I am newly discovering the pedway system of Chicago. It is amazing, and I had NO IDEA there was a huge system of underground walkways, stores, restaurants, bars, etc. I can get all the way from work to the el without ever going above ground! Granted, that's only about a half mile of walking, but during the winter I'll be very thankful not to be in negative 20 degree weather outside.

Spent some time with Bittny and her THREE cats later in the evening. It was nice to catch up. We are so chatty with each other sometimes, haha. I hope I am as good of a listener as she is. I try to be.

By the way, made some super tasty baked mac & cheese the other night! Not even a little bit healthy, but that's okay. Sometimes you just have to eat 7 different kinds of cheese in a meal, you know?

Chef Laura at Home's  Macaroni & Cheese
This was the picture that inspired me. Mine did look a bit like that, except I used swirly noodles. Duh.

1 comment:

  1. That looks DELICIOUS! And what is this underground city you type of? I don't know anything about it (not that I'm ever up there) but awesome for you that you won't be freezing! That means you don't have to move away! Yippee!

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete