Saturday, March 5, 2011

The trip, in some detail


As of now, this is my route. It's 3,500 miles. 12 stops: Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Nashville, Asheville, Atlanta, Myrtle Beach, Greenville, Charlottesville, New York City, Boston, Toronto, Ann Arbor.

Average time driving between each place is about 5 or 6 hours. Going from Indy to Cincinnati is only 2, but driving from Boston to Toronto is about 10. I'm thinking that I should add a pit stop in there somewhere mid NY.

The only 2 places I haven't emailed someone about staying there are Myrtle Beach & Boston. I'll do that today. I might re-think stopping in Myrtle Beach, but not 100% sure yet.

I'll be spending about $500 in gas on this trip (that's what I've budgeted for). I think I'll bring a little envelope to keep all of my receipts in from this trip so I can know exactly how much I spent. Then again, I can just look at my bank account and that will tell me, haha. Yikes!

I'm actually getting really excited about this whole thing :) I will try to leave on either the 7th or 8th (Monday or Tuesday) and then come back on March 29th.  3 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. The shape of your driving path looks like a peeled banana. Leah, are you trying to ' fly like fruit'??

    ReplyDelete